Thursday 28 February 2013

Estée Lauder Double wear foundation Review

Price: £27.50 for 30ml
I've read so many great reviews about this foundation, but never really had the courage to head out and buy it, I have no idea why it took me so long! It claims to do everything I look for in a foundation, so it only makes sense that id get a sample to test it's bold claims. Let me just say, I was not disappointed.

What Estée Lauder says:

"Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup.

#1 product in foundation in 2012*.

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.

This worry-free, long-wearing foundation makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.

Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes.

Feels lightweight and comfortable.

Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day. 15 hour staying power and semi-matte finish "


I agree I agree I agree! Finally a foundation that goes on your face, and literally stays on your face until you wash it off. I call this my 'bullet proof, industrial strength' foundation because it's so long lasting, and the truth is I'm too lazy to have to reapply anything more than a bit of concealer and lipstick throughout the day. So I'm so happy with this product. The bottle itself is quite heavy and feels pretty expensive, it's made out of glass, so hopefully I won't end up having a clumsy fit and dropping it on the hard, tiled bathroom floor. It's a pretty addition to my dressing table though !

















I should probably point out that a little definitely goes a long way, I can see that if you're not careful during application and end up applying too much product it might look slightly cakey, so as long as you avoid using too much you'll be left with a flawless face ! ;) The lady at the counter suggested applying this whilst the moisturizer is still wet, so it doesn't cling onto dry patches but rather glides over them instead. This is definitely a good tip because i forgot to do this once and noticed a massive difference in the end result!

One thing I noticed was how quickly it dries, this doesn't bother me too much because I usually just slap it on with my fingers, no faffing around with fancy brushes or getting any cosmetic sponges involved haha, classy. I suggest applying a thin layer first, then gradually building it up on the areas that need more coverage so it wont look so obvious and mask like. The finish is semi matte which is one of my favourite finishes for a foundation, not too shiny looking and not too flat either, good move Estee lauder!


I was matched with 2W1 Sand 36














You can see the consistency is a lot thicker than most foundations.
















I was really pleased with the colour match, it's almost an exact match! I usually wear NC 20 -25 in Mac just for reference. Of course you can tell I'm wearing foundation, that's the case with most foundations anyway but it doesn't look stark white or too orange/pink it's just right for me. As far as I know there are thirty shades in this particular foundation range, all with different undertones to suit every skin complexion. I'm not up to date with the shade lingo, so I couldn't tell you what the difference between N1 and W2 is but it didn't take me long at all to find my match, thankfully !

It lasts all day as it claims, I wore it in the morning at 11:00am and it still looked flawless by 9:00pm I only had to reapply under my eyes with some concealer, but that's a standard procedure for me.
Even my sister noticed, and I got so many compliments on my skin and how I looked when wearing this. Big thumbs up from me!!!

I definitely think you should try it out, because I fell inlove after I first applied it using the sample they gave me. It's excellent for all skin types, especially combination to oily as it doesn't slide off so much, and i don't have to use powder with this foundation which saves a fraction of time. Can I say Holy Grail item? ... possibly! It's certainly close!

I'll upload some more pictures of me actually wearing it when I can, but for now here's the review for you all
Hope you enjoy, and let me know if you've used this and whether or not you like it as much as I do



Take care dolls! xox

12 comments:

  1. I really like double wear!! I find that it looks really good with the soap and glory radiance balm as a primer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I didn't think about using a radiance balm underneath it, that sounds like a good idea! Might have to try it out x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE double wear! Only bought it a few weeks ago but it's amazing, I just bought a foundation pump from MAC for it. I still don't et why it doesn't come with one! xx

    vanity-dollhouse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty in love with it too!
      I've been meaning to purchase the mac pump for it, haha yeah it's a bit of an inconvenience ! xx

      Delete
  3. Nice foundation!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These foundation looks great! By now I used a foundation from clinique.

    Best Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to wear a clinique foundation :P
      Thank you for checking out my blog :) xx

      Delete
  5. I like your blog:)
    maybe you want to follow each other?:) just let me know

    www.whatwouldblairwaldorfsay.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and of course, you have a lovely blog xx

      Delete
  6. I definitely want to purchase this foundation after reading this! Just followed you, would be grateful if you followed back :)

    http://alltheselittlesecrets.blogspot.co.uk
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT REVIEW ,SOUND AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete