Friday 7 December 2012

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion review



This is something I had been meaning to purchase for such a long time, as I'm a huge fan of The Body Shop and had heard great things about this product. I eventually gave in and handed over my £10 note ( it was on offer that day, the usual RTP is £13 ) hoping I wasn't going to end up regretting it and leave this little treasure hiding in the back of a rejected beauty buys drawer somewhere.

The Body Shop says:
Fine exfoliating micro particles and crushed garnet stones remove dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, more radiant complexion
  • Micro beads gently buff away dull skin cells
  • Leaves skin feeling fresh and smooth
  • Enhances skin’s natural radiance

    Weekly home-spa exfoliation. With vitamin c rich Amazonian camu camu and community trade shea butter.

Let's just say, I couldn't agree more! It left my skin feeling instantly smooth and clean. The product itself is quite grainy as you'd expect an exfoliator to be, however unlike other exfoliators I've tried in the past, the beads are much smaller, and there's a lot more of them. It resembles the texture of sand, and holds its shape after being squeezed out of the tube. One of the first things I noticed when rubbing it into my face was the smell, it's very fruity and citrusy which I like, especially in the morning to wake me up!




You don't need much at all, I used a pea sized amount for my whole face, it definitely goes a long way! Comparing the performance to other exfoliators I've tried, it definitely lasts a lot longer in the cleansing process, ever noticed how sometimes in other exfoliators the beads just disappear after a while? This isn't an issue I have with the microdermabrasion and I noticed a difference in my skin straight a way, albeit a slight difference. But after six weeks of using this on my skin, twice a week my skin was looking more radiant, refreshed, even in tone and my pores were clear!





Over all, I rate this product a 5/5 I'm going to be purchasing it again as it has lasted me months!
I definitely recommend it, however Id look out for when The body shop do discounts to save a little money.

Pros:
  • You only need a small amount
  • Results are seen pretty much instantly
  • The beads do a great job of buffing away dead skin cells, and don't rub off quickly like most exfoliators do in the cleansing process
  • The scent is nice
  • It's great for most skin types, if you have sensitive skin I probably wouldn't use it twice a week, however my skin is very sensitive to a lot of products and this didn't sting or cause breakouts for me
  • I would definitely recommend it to friends
  • Already, both my sisters and mum really like it as they've pinched it a few times ;)
  • Perfect for the winter months to revive dull looking dry skin
  • I've noticed it helps other products work a lot better, such as moisturisers and cleanser

    • The packaging is hygienic and easy to control how much product you want

Cons:
  • A bit on the pricey side for an exfoliator, but it isn't really a con in my opinion as it lasts so long !


                                                                         ♛

5 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, I keep meaning to pop into the Body Shop. Must check this out!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know how I was doing without it, it's improved my skin so much, I definitely notice a difference when I haven't used it in a while
      I hope you like it as much as I did ! x

      Delete
  2. I'm becoming a bit of a body shop junkie since I started blogging. Gonna have to get this too! xx

    thesimplelifeofemma.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete